Design of Roads & Highways
An Guide for Civil & Highway Engineers involved in Design of Roads & Highways.
This section is suitable for practicing Civil Engineers, Road & Highway Engineers, Geotechnical
Engineers, Traffic Engineers, Graduates and Students in Engineering.
This section will provide a series of specialized articles for those involved in the Design of Roads &
Highways for Urban and Rural development. A practical and simple approach is emphasized throughout, so quick
references can be made. For more theoretical approach, readers are to refer to Book Sections.
Engineering Tutorials, Calculation Examples, Design and Worked Examples, Drawings & Details are
all available for download or purchase.
Engineering Training & Courses are conducted regularly.
Should you have any queries, check out the Forum, or Engineers Q&A Section, or Contact Us. Technical Support is only provided to Registered Members.
Table of Contents
- Typical Cross-Sections
- Typical Junction Designs
- Road Layout and Planning
- Road Alignment
- Road & Highway Structures
- Traffic Signs
- Road Markings
- Sighting & Stopping Distances
- Design speeds.
- Soil & Geotechnical Investigations
- Pavement Design
- Roads in Peat & Swampy Soils
- Design Procedures for a 20km Rural Road Systems
- Design Pocedures for an Urban Road System
- Design of a Y-Junction in an Industrial Park
- Design of a T-Junction in an Urban Setting
- Planning of Roading system for a Housing Estate
Next Page --->
The Table of Contents and delivery modes are subject to changes
We welcome all comments and enquiries- Contact Us. Subscribe to
our Free Newsletters on Engineering
Authur- Philip Goh (B.Sc, MIEM, P.Eng. MICE,
MEC Engineers, Civil & Structural Engineer